Generous donors to the Lexington Community Foundation have established more than $850,000 in scholarship funds that benefit students in Lexington, Dawson County. For 2019, there were over 74 individual awards, amounting to a total of $74,000.
See a list of 2019 scholarship awardees here.
The scholarship application period for 2020 is now open.
- Create an account using your permanent email. Using your educational email is not recommended.
- Complete all information pertaining to your current student status.
- You must have an answer with those items with an asterisks (*).
- You are required to upload your most recent academic transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. Enter information for two references who are teachers and enter information for a reference from outside the school who is not a relative of the family. Please read the scholarship description as specifics to this requirement can be found there.
- There is no upload for a resume. Instead list up to six highlights in the areas marked:
- Volunteerism/community service
Once the application is completed the system will automatically match you to the scholarship opportunities for which you are eligible.
The application deadline for most opportunities is April 1, 2020.
For questions about Lexington Community Foundation's scholarships, please contact our Scholarship Committee by email or call us at the Foundation office 308-324-6704.