Generous donors to the Lexington Community Foundation have established more than $850,000 in scholarship funds that benefit students in Lexington, Nebraska and Dawson County.
Students must create an account on Academic Works (no paper applications for Local or Lexington Community Foundation scholarships). Please read Regional Scholarship descriptions as some will be through Academic Works and other will have external application links.
To start the application process go to Blackbaud Award Management by clicking HERE
1. Create an account. Use your non-school email.
2. Complete all information pertaining to high school (not collegiate).
3. You must have an answer with those items with an asterisks (*).
4. Current student status is “I am currently a High School senior.”
5. High School students are required to have two (2) recommenders. Enter EMAIL information for the recommenders who are teachers or from outside the school who is not a relative of the family. Please read the scholarship description as specifics to this requirement can be found there.
6. There is no upload for a resume. Instead list up to six highlights in the areas marked:
The deadline for the 2024/2025 application season is Thursday, February 29, 2024.
Information provided will qualify students for scholarships. You will find the scholarships you are matched with under the My Applications tab along the top of the page. Scroll down to the Current heading.
Other scholarships that require additional information will also be listed. These can be found under the Opportunities tab along the top of the page. Select Recommended to find these scholarships. Once the information is provided, the student will be eligible for consideration. If a scholarship has an Apply button means there is one or more short answers that need to be answered to be considered by that particular Review Committee.
See a list of 2023 scholarship awardees HERE.
To see the list of available awards administered by LCF click HERE.
For questions about Lexington Community Foundation's scholarships, please contact our Scholarship Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Foundation office at 308-324-6704.