The Lexington Community Foundation exists to encourage and strengthen philanthropy in order to provide a permanent source of funding for opportunities to improve the quality of life, strengthen the sense of community, benefit future generations in Lexington, Nebraska.
LEXINGTON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Everyone is invited to participate!
LEXINGTON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION (LCF) is hosting the 15th annual Key. The event starts with the opening of the online auction registration and bidding on Monday, May 2nd, Preview Night Social is open to the public the evening of Friday, May 6th and the annual dinner & auction is held on Saturday, May 7th.
More than $3M dollars has been raised from past events. The resulting grants and program support given back to the Community have had an immediate and visible impact. Key event proceeds are returned to the Lexington area in the same year they are raised. Key ’16 proceeds will benefit – Give BIG Lexington ’16 & LCF Initiatives.
Schedule of Events:
Monday, May 2nd
Key ’16 Online Auction is open for registration, silent auction bidding and for raffle ticket purchase.
- ANYONE CAN BID! Registration and bidding for the silent auction will again be open to ANYONE who chooses to participate. Help LCF build the event by sharing this information – eligible bidders can be anyone in North America!
- Online auction bidding begins Monday, May 2, at 8:00 a.m. and ends Saturday, May 7th at 9:00 p.m.
- You do not have to be a ticket holder to register, bid & win!
- More than 350 silent auction items, a beef raffle and a vacation raffle will be listed on our site – complete with descriptions and pictures. LCF contracts with QTEGO Auction Technology which makes online bidding easy and fun!
- More information and a link to where you can register, view auction items and how to place bids will be added to on our website very soon.
Friday, May 6th
Please join us for Key ’16 Preview Night Social
- Holiday Inn Express 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Key ’16 Social is open to the public – NO CHARGE
- All auction items will be displayed – silent auction items will be open for bidding & raffles will be open for purchase.
- The $300 Beef Raffle will be drawn before 8:00 p.m. on Friday evening.
- Bid Concierges will be present to assist you.
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres & beverages will be served. Sponsored by Downey Drilling, Inc. & Paulsen Inc.
Saturday, May 7th
Key ’16 Dinner & Auction
- Holiday Inn Express – Doors open at 5:00 p.m. for all ticket holders.
- Qtego online bidding for silent auction items ends for all bidders at 9:00 p.m.
- The Telluride Vacation Raffle winner will be drawn before the ending of Key ’16 Live auction.
- Bidding on Live auction items is available to those in attendance that evening or by proxy bid. If you are interested in bidding on a Live item be sure to contact Jackie at the Foundation office.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or Key donor, or if you would like additional information about the event, please contact the LEXINGTON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION. email@example.com or 308.324.6704
The Foundation looks forward to celebrating with you at an event centered on friendship,
generosity and the spirit of giving!
The Lexington Community Foundation Board (LCF) appreciates your support of the Foundation and its activities throughout the years. We recognize that our success in being able to raise money through our annual events – The Key (dinner and auction) and Give Big Lexington (day of giving) – is directly related to the support you provide us.
Over $13.9 million has been distributed back into Lexington and the Johnson Lake area by the Foundation since 1996. Dozens of projects, both large and small, and thousands of people have benefitted. The Foundation firmly believes that communities should feel great about being generous together. Lexington accomplishes that!
In 2013, the LCF Board of Directors began building the capacity of our events by accepting LCF Event Sponsorships. The Foundation feels that by obtaining annual event sponsors, we have helped maximize the impact your donor dollars have in this community.
We are inviting you to partner with the Lexington Community Foundation in support of our 2016 community events. By becoming an LCF Events Sponsor, you will be given recognition for the full year through the LCF Forum (newsletter), the LCF website and media sources. View a list of sponsorship levels and the benefits pertaining to each level: Download Form
We thank you for the many ways you continue to support the Foundation and
we hope to work with you in 2016.
2016 Foundation Premier Event Sponsors:
Catch up on all the current news surrounding the Foundation!
IRA Charitable Rollovers
On December 18, the President signed the “Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015” into law. This law includes a permanent extension of the IRA Charitable Rollover. As in years past, the IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals 70 ½ and older to donate up to $100,000 in IRA assets to a qualified charitable organization. The Charitable IRA Rollover is tax-free and not included in a donor’s adjusted gross income. Download the IRA Charitable Rollover Fact Sheet
Visit: Giving Cneter for more information.