The Lexington Community Foundation exists to encourage and strengthen philanthropy in order to provide a permanent source of funding for opportunities to improve the quality of life, strengthen the sense of community, benefit future generations in Lexington, Nebraska.
LEXINGTON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Find scholarships that are right for you and your secondary education needs. Search our Scholarship pages and find which ones will work for you. Please review the scholarship description carefully for the application deadline and the complete list of requirements. Click the links below to view the scholarships and to download the description and application for each one. Updates continue to be made: Check Back Often
Investing In Our Future
When you contribute to a scholarship fund at the Lexington Community Foundation, your philanthropic dollars go further because they are leveraged by the contributions of others. You benefit from the Lexington Community Foundation’s knowledge of effective strategies and of our community, and can give with the confidence that your gift will make a real difference.
The Lexington Community Foundation Scholarship Funds
Giving to established scholarship programs is the most flexible way to give. The Lexington Community Foundation administers several scholarship funds that are open to all types of students – from high school seniors to current college students, returning students and “nontraditional” students. Your gift will be directed to a qualified recipient who demonstrates the greatest financial need, outstanding community involvement and academic promise. Programs exist for recipients to use scholarships at a community college, four-year college or university, trade or vocational school. Lexington Community Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews eligibility and selection criteria, so you know your gift will always be put to its best use.
Targeted scholarship funds
Whether it’s the education of young women, English Language Learners (ELLs), the education of minority students or students of education, nursing or engineering, the Lexington Community Foundation has many scholarship funds geared toward specific groups or fields of study. By contributing to a targeted scholarship fund, you can match your personal interests and maximize your impact by combining your gift with those of other donors. You can make a selection from the list of targeted scholarships listed here on our web site or obtain the list by calling the Foundation at (308) 324-6704.
Establish an individualized scholarship fund
If you’re passionate about an area of study or group of students and cannot find a targeted fund that is a good fit, you may consider an individualized scholarship fund. Individualized scholarship funds allow you to identify the area of focus, whether you want to support a particular field of study or a specific type of student.
Supporting scholarships through the Lexington Community Foundation can be a rewarding and convenient way to assist students who match your philanthropic interests, such as local students in need, students from a specific background or those pursuing a certain field of study.
For more information about arranging tax deductible scholarship fund donations, with the Lexington Community Foundation, contact our office at: (308) 324-6704
We will answer your questions and guide you through the process!
LEXINGTON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
2016-2017 SCHOLARSHIPS RECIPIENTS
HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Warren & Leta Batie Scholarship: Joelly Anderson 1st year, Maritza Pleitez 2nd year, Makenzie Hammond 3rd year
- Richard Brown Memorial Scholarship: Josue Ayala
- Class of ‘77 Scholarship: Erin Green
- Ann Crawford Alexander Memorial Scholarship: Samantha Baires
- LCF / CCC: Kimberly Sosa
- Brian D. Eilers Memorial Scholarship: Blake Casper
- Lillian Hansen Memorial Scholarship: Ellie Hobelman
- Housel Family Scholarship: Trevor McKeone 1st year, Alyssa Leger 2nd year, Paola Briones 3rd year, Halle Gydesen 4th year
- Neal Kohl Memorial Scholarship: Clarissa Hanson
- Lexington Community Foundation: Eva Martin & Jesus Reynalda Ramirez 1st year, Chandler Flynn & Leesa Gierhan 2nd year, Kelby O’Meara & Katelin Schultze 3rd year, Christopher J. Lindeman, Kody T. Kenton & Kevin Ward 4th year
- Lexington Optimist Club Service to Youth Scholarship – 4 Year: Joelly Anderson, Braydon Benjamin, Trevor McKeone & Ellie Rowe
- Kay Linch Memorial: Zury Aguirre
- James D. Miller Memorial: Sam Seberger 1st year, Kolin Kenton 2nd year, Haley Rogers 3rd year, Seth Kopf 4th year
- Otto & Esther Murdock Scholarship: Jonathan Ortiz
- Raymond (Ike) Neff Memorial: Guadalupe Martinez
- Ruth Edna Reynolds Montgomery Memorial: Druv Chaudhari
- Norman W. & Shirley A. Reynolds: Madison Berke
- Liz Richardson Service Award: Ellie Hobelman
- Athea Roberts Memorial Scholarship: Rachel Biehl
- Lexington Education Association / Karen Robinson Memorial: Adrian Acensio & Gabby Mills
- Gary Shubert Memorial: Zury Aguirre
- Francelene Skinner Memorial: Jordyn Glaze & William Morales
- TeamMates Scholarship: Cheily Arreola
- Shirley Trautman Memorial: Deing Kug
- Janelle VerMaas Memorial Scholarship: Hannah Ostrom
- Robert & Barbara Wade 4-yr Scholarship: Kaelyn Pack 1st year, Sheridan Rieke 2nd year, Ashlee Barrientos 3rd year, Skyler Speer 4th year
- Robert & Barbara Wade 2-yr Scholarship: Bianca Gomez 1st year, Maria Mendez 2nd year
- Charles A. Walker Memorial: Brianna Villa
COLLEGIATE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Alumni Scholarship: Sheridan Rieke, Ross Rogers & Katelin Schultze
- Ronald Bossung Memorial Scholarship: Sam Seberger
- Emerson Memorial Scholarship: Makenzie Hammond
- Edsel Newman Scholarship: Kevin Tobias
- Norall Scholarship Trust: Rebecca Anderson, Amanda (Longly) Beranek, Molly Berke, Kaylee Beyea, Chandler Flynn, Kyle Gibbens, Landen Haake, Krystal Hernandez, Ashley Keim, Shauna Lindstedt, Abigail Martinez, Mackenzie McKeone, Whitney Nelson, Michaela (Berke) Saatmann, Katelin Schultze, Skyler Speer
- Pat Ruppe Scholarship: Amanda Beranek
- Mark and Vera Turner Scholarship: Coleman Evans, Chandler Flynn, Jonathan Godinez & Seth Shields
- Byron & Bessie Wightman Collegiate Scholarship: Haley Rogers 1st year, Alyssa Olsen 2nd year
- John & Jan Wightman Collegiate Scholarship: Makenzie McKeone 1st year, Makenzie Hammond 2nd year